Already Was Fire

I was have a look at Fissure from my tower and I seen where a new shack was be build near my house by where is my funny friend Blotto and next to Fissure edge. I seen also where people walk out and in like a place to go for people so I climb down for go have a see about it.
The new shack was so glamour inside and have the nice look of everything in a place. Over the door was a sign with the spell of BAR Grammy say that is where people get them hootch for get so drunk. But nobody was drunk or even inside except one old man.
I say hullo and him say hi what can I get you and I say do you have twine balls and he laugh a lot. Then he say about not stuff you want but hootch what are you drink. I point at something and say about I like some that one please. It was warm moss taste and make me choke a little.
I sit and the man say my name is Wackersteam and this bar is my bar so good for come on in and I say at him I seen you build here and thank you for the hootch. I say my name is Sam so you can call me Sam and I am live over there in the place of all burnt up. Him was laugh and say that place have a curse at it always burn down. I was so amaze and say what are you mean and Wackersteam sit in him old man chair and start tell a story.
"When I was younger I had me a shop where you live now. Nice little place considering the area. Made some fortunes lost some fortunes there. But one night this pair of drunk gravelheads get in to it with knives and broken bottles right there in the store. Tried to stop them but got a knife in my leg for trying. Well next thing you know a bottle of booze gets broke near the fire and blam the place is burning down around me."
Wackersteam was look away then like member some sad feel about him burnt place maybe. He say about all burn him house and store and all the things of him too. I nod at him and say I was so sad feel when was my house burnt too and we have a sad look at each other.
"Yeah it was a sad feel for sure kid. You build a thing you work hard at it and maybe one day it starts to pay off a little and them blam gone in a flash. It made me older Sam. Made me change on the inside some like maybe you did. It was horrible. I mean the place was a dump but at least it was my dump."
I seen in him eye maybe old man tear but he turn and face the hootch wall and make like dust them bottles. He talk like that with him back at me but I seen where he was dust at the same bottle maybe ten times so I don't know.
"There was only gristly bits left from them boys who started the fire so I guess that is some justice. Tell you though take it from a man who has lived a bit longer than you. The world is out to get you. All of it. So you better fight back and hang on because it ain't getting better anywhere that's for damn sure."
Him try for smile at me but I was see him inside sad. I was want to help and I say when my house burnt it was a mean man name Dan Seawwconds and he just burn my house for show everyone how mean is him. I even never met Dan Seawwconds and he burnt my house for nothing but mean. I tell him too that in my burnt house was a small cook fire and now in my house is the big nice kitchen so things maybe are get better. I think him was hear something in him head not what I say at him.
Wackersteam sit on him chair then and seem like far away look down at the floor. I drink all the I don't know moss hootch and look at him funny posters on the walls. I ask about who is the girl so glamour on a posterthere and I hear him little old man snore of take a nap. I was quiet like a mouse and put on him table some wood scraps and wires for the pay of moss hootch and I toe walk out of door of BAR and go back to my house. I was skip some then I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment