Plant Lady

Today I met a so funny lady who was on the road in the hot sun. At first I thought a bush grew in the road but when I get close I see it is a lady plant person or something. She was so still I was thinking she might be dead but then I seen her move and her pointy back branches twitch some. I said are you ok lady or whatever you are and I never heard her say back but I could see in her eye. I guess I thought what do sick plants like so held out my waterskin.
The plant lady took a few drinks. I said have it all if you want and then she was up on her feet like it was ok somehow. She was so tall and I don’t know I guess I was smelling like fear but I didn’t let her smell it on me like Grammy said to. But do plants smell I don't know. Mostly I was looking and looking at her funny plant parts. I asked if she was lost or if she wanted some flatbreads but she never said. I told that I met mutant and ghoul and mamimals but I never met a plant lady person before and how I thought her leafs or whatever were nice.
In her eye I think I seen she was talking but I guess I don’t speak plant eye talk much. A few times she waved a hand branch this way or another but I don’t know what it means. She handed my water back with most left still and like nothing ever happened she just walked away and didn’t look back once. I followed her for a while but she ran in the hills and I don’t know where.
I don’t know who the plant lady is but I hope she comes back some time. I wonder if she likes cinder beetle worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment