Drinking the Hootch

Just when it was dark I met Brenda by the old tree like was the plan. She was full of vinegar is what Grammy would say because she was jumping and big eyes. She had an old sack with something inside maybe the hootch. Brenda said Sam let’s go drink the hootch now but that was already the plan I know. We walked to the water pit by the big plate and the sky was sparkle and good. Brenda took the hootch bottle from the bag and said here it is Sam. It had spelling on the bottle that said ROT RUM that I thought was so funny because the Rot is the place I like so much. It was hard to make the bottle open but we did and then Brenda held the bottle in the air and danced a funny dance. She didn’t even have the hootch yet. After the dance she took a big drink and then had trouble breathing some. I smelled the hootch and it was maybe like fish but also like sharp. I guess it was time so I drank some of the hootch and it was so burning. I don’t like it when I first drink it but the more drinks the more it was better taste. The hootch makes Sam feel funny too like swimming in waves but when you walk. And my face was fuzzy feeling and my mouth was not talking right. Me and Brenda laughed and laughed at so many things when we drank the hootch and I was tired from laughing and a little throwup too. I don’t know why is the wearing pretty part of the drinking hootch but I like pretty and I like Brenda too. I was so sleep when we walked home I wanted to lay in the road but Brenda said no Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment