Not Enough Meat

I felt better from my headcold so I went out to look for useful things tonight. I ran all around but couldn’t find a useful anything. Then I saw someone else running around so I crouched and hid. I took a peek and couldn’t understand what I seen because it looked like a lady person but also like a kitty. Not like the nice yellow kitty I met before but big like a hunting cat. I guess she could smell me hiding because she prowled over and growled at me.

I member Grammy told me that when you meet wild animals you have to never show if you are scared so I guess I just stood up and said hello because if she was going to eat me well I guess that’s too bad for me. But she didn’t eat me and we sat and talked for a long time.



She said she was called Melody and she came from a whole tribe of animal people that lives in The Cape but I never seen them when I was there. She said that I could come visit them if the Shaman said I was ok and that they wouldn’t try to eat me because I was too skinny. For once being tiny helped.

Then when we were talking I had a terrible headpain so bad. I think it was because I membered how Grammy had some cats and membering makes the headpain start. Melody asked what was wrong and when I said about the headpains she said I should make an offering to Mommy Earth and Papa Sky. I said I never heard of them but Melody said if I went to the top of Burning Mountain and offered something really good maybe Mommy and Papa would take away the pains. I wonder if they like Twonkies.

Melody was so nice not to eat me and give me advice instead. She gave me some wheat and yellow mold because I guess she thought I looked skinny. I gave her a roll of tape and some wires because Grammy said it’s good to give when you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment