Dinner at Kitty’s

I decided to walk to the Cape again today. It felt good to walk the long way last time and I wanted to see if the nice doggie was still there but he wasn’t anywhere. I got to slip by everybody I saw and I think nobody seen me do it. Even with the new machete that Terrenn gave me I feel small and worried when I leave my places in The Rot.

I walked down and had a nice swim even in the cold water at the Cape. I was going to make the walk back when I saw my friend Kitty so we sat and talked. She was at her pack den and she invited me in to see because she is so a nice Kitty. Her house was funny and big and empty at first but then she showed me the house underground and it was so much warm and safe there it felt like Grammy’s kitchen.

Kitty’s house had so much good. Right there was clean water from a spring and goats for milk and nice mushrooms for soup. Kitty said the fire that made everything so warm in her den was her Ancestor Fire so we sat around it and talked. She told me that mamimals is what she calls her people and that they were the reason for the drawings on the wall in the Underground Place in The Rot. I always wondered who made those marks down there and I guess it was Kitty’s relations. She said mamimals and people don’t get along very good but I don’t know why because Kitty is nicer than a lot of people I met here.

And then we ate so much good food I thought I was the queen. After she promised it wasn’t people I ate such good meat that Kitty made from rats and seasoned with carrots and blueberry. Then she gave me a mug of cold brew called mead that she said was made from honey and wheat that went spoiled but it didn’t taste like it was off. Mead made my nose tickle and I was burping and laughing with Kitty.



Then she roasted grubs on a stick that I wasn’t sure about at first. They were called honey coated cinder beetle larvas and I ate the first one to be polite but I ate the next bunch because they were so good like candy meat and not as gooey as they looked at first. My belly was full and I was warm from a rabbit skin blanket she gave to me. Kitty is so kind to Sam and I was happy to have a friend so much.

I was sorry to leave Kitty to get home before dark but I promised I would come back and help her gather grubs because I don’t want to be all eat and no work. I like Kitty so much I wisht I had a tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment