Gnawbert

I know about what is the sound in my hear outside at night sometimes. It is a ratman name Gnawbert.
I was come home when sun is high for have a snack after run around and there was a thing it give me the fear at first. Him was sniff around at fire pit by my yard wall and has the look of big rat with hat and scarf all oily. He got them big teeth too you could make a weapon with stick and rope from them maybe. Him fur was disgraceful dirty.
I say at him hullo ratman and him squeak but low and screech I did not know the mean of it. Him then wave claws at me like want to scratch eyes out but I get a roasted buzzard leg and put down leg where ratman can grab it and say here is a snack for you. He sniff and sniff and grab the leg and eat so fast. He smile at me for the leg I think. I say my name is Sam so you can call me Sam and him rat nose was twitch and look around and then slow say him name of Gnawbert. I say I live there in them metal rust boxes where is all burnt up and Gnawbert say squeaky and point him claw for say him live under the big bush right near where is my house so we are neighbors of each other. I was have a hard time at understand him funny rat words from him funny rat mouth. I think he was say about like to hopscotch on my sidewalk and I clap but it make him jump so I stop.
Gnawbert was get real close at me for try to talk and I was smell him stink fur and old meat breath. I ask about where is you family Gnawbert and him look away funny like not want to say and then say him family all got kilt with poison. It give me the sad feel for Gnawbert. Then I think he sniff me like see what I might taste like so I show him my nail gun some and him step back.
Gnawbert is not know much talk words him point and wave a lot for tell you things. I am not sure of him talk but I think Gnawbert say about a tree he seen where is all different food in it like leafs but bacon and pumpkins and buzzard legs. I was just nod at ratman but I don't know. It is sound so crazy a food tree I don't think so. Maybe is also a cheese bush somewhere too probably not. But I was be nice at new neighbor so I just smile but inside my think is Gnawbert maybe unright in him head.

No comments:

Post a Comment