Dan



I heard there was another Buryhead Buzzard today so I thought I could run down to see about trading some things and eating bacon. Somehow I guess I got stuck in the sand and didn’t even get there until it was the end. I seen Apo who is so nice to Sam and some other people that were new around. Also a dusty man was there who never spoke until everyone else went away. He never said very much but he was talking truth about the mean mess of the world we got. He said Sam folks need to laugh more than they do and I think they do too. He was even nice when I said about my blue hair and was like he didn’t even notice that my head is a ratty mess of dog throwup.




I asked mister do you have a name and he said no I never need one. I never heard of a person without a name before and it felt so funny. I didn’t want to call him hey mister dusty man. So then I said what about Dan for a name because I knew a boy once named Dan who was dusty too but I didn’t say that. The man laughed some and said it was ok to call him Dan if I want. Dan said he got no friends either so no name and no friends for poor Dan. I told him I could be his friend and he said we’ll see. I didn’t know what he means so I said it was time for me to go and I did. I like the way Dan talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment