Crowded Dream

While I was sleeping I had a dream. In it was Grammy and Brenda and William who I never even met and a woolly marmot and Melody and even little Pea and then some people I don’t know. It was like a crowd. We were all down in the sticker bushes and I was in front of them talking and I had to explain why I get the terrible headpains the way I do but I don’t know why I just get them. Everybody could tell that I was making up pretend time stories just because I don’t know the answer. I could see them look at me and then I know it and feel like sore thumb Sam again. Then I hear little Pea yell out drink lots of water. She sounds so funny with her mouth that I had to think to understand but that’s what she said. And then nice kitty Melody said make the sacrifice to Mama Dirt and Papa Sky. And then Grammy told me to go play hopscotch but she calls it hoptoss I don’t know why. And then Brenda says go swimming and sing a song under the water and William said eat more meat which is so funny sounding. The people I don’t know started saying things too telling me to do this or some that and I got confused hearing them all at once. The woolly marmot never said anything. When I woke up I ran down to where the little spring has the good water and I drank so much I was almost throwup. Then I climbed up to the top of Burning Mountain and I told Papa Sky he could have my ear covers and then I told Mama Dirt this was my last Twonkie but I want her to have it. I didn’t ask for nothing back. Then I went down under the bridge and was swimming and singing a song I just made up then. When I was so tired I went back to the sticker bushes and tried to find a nice fat rat to eat but all I found were cinder beetle worms so I got five of them and had a roast. I guess it means that listening to the voices in my head makes a day more fun than a day of crying in a tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment