Hungry Brat


I was today clean my house and start the make of good lumpy soup like Grammy teach me. I get the feel of be lucky about all them foods Grammy show me the make of them. Most of folks are eat what scraps they find but I am use they same scraps in the make of soup so good for eat it.  


I have the hear of somebody say hullo at the door of my undersand house and I say back hullo who is you there. She talk was so small back at me say about is Nia the lost swamp girl from the nother day ago and I say hi Nia come down the ladder so she come down the ladder. 


Nia is the so small brat girl my Grammy say about kids be a brat until they tall up over you belt. I was be a brat for the so long time is not funny. Nia was look around my kitchen and I seen she nose smellt at the lumpy soup. I say Nia are you want some soup and she face get so big for say yes she want some soup. I was have the think of be the age of her and have the feel of it be yesterday but it was not yesterday.  


I finish the make of soup and get some flatbreads too and we sit for lunch in my house. I was so surprise about Nia sit and wait for me give her soup not just grab at it like a brat is grab at they foods. Nia just sit and wait so I say is ok for you eat the soup now and then was she grab like never eat nothing before.


I sit with her and have the look of she hungry eat so fast. I leave my soup for in case she was want the nother bowl and she was want the nother bowl and all them flatbreads too. I ask about Nia where is you family but she mouth full of lunch make them words hard for hear them good. Nia say about she mama and papa got kilt and then was she live with some nother kids and a old lady was take care of all them stray brats. She brat friend was the name of Pan Pot I think but Nia was so full mouth is maybe not a name. Who is even name they kid after kitchen things I don't know. Nia say about Pan Pot was lost some place she was not know where was him lost at. She face was sad look about where is she friend I was so sorry feel at her.


After eat them warm soups and flatbreads Nia was look like go to sleep and I say Nia is ok if you are want a nap on my hammock. She jump on it and so fast go sleep there. I wrap some nother flatbreads for she take them with her. I was just work more of them kitchen jobs and sleepy brat sleep and then I have the hear of she sleep talk. I listen at she say the funny name of Pan Pot and she face was squinch like worry of him be lost.  


Nia was sleep and sleep then wake up from she sleeps and ask for have more flatbreads. Be a brat and live in some swamp is the so hard life I am glad feel about she eat and sleep safe here in my house a while. Nia say thank you Sam and I say you is come back for eat some thing when is you hungry and she shake she head for yes. Then was Nia get the so shy look of she face and ask about can I see some thing I say ok what.


I am keep some them good grubs in a jar on my shelfs even a big fat grub live in they jar happy about some leafs I give them and also dead bugs for they eat them and parts of rat too. Nia get the close look of them grubs and they jar house. She brat eyes was big from the see of them grubs and I say about I know how to make them grubs be savory good for taste them. Nia was not know the mean of savory but I am teach it for her some time. My Grammy teach me when was I a brat so maybe Nia is the brat I am teach to I don't know. She smile at me and climb the ladder for go back over to them swamps. I say about Nia you watch out for them ghoul is try to eat you and she laugh like I say some funny joke. She get the so proud look and say Sam no ghoul is eat me I run and hide so good. I member when Sam was run and hide so good as a brat. I have a think about this must be the feel of be old.

No comments:

Post a Comment